Speaker connectors

Doc Holiday

It is a bit difficult to tell what you're talking about.

Perhaps you're talking about the dual banana plug which is available at Radio Shack.

Some speaker designs have terminals which take these. The terminals also will take the wire directly.

Generally, if you're not going to moving the speakers and wires, you will get good results without them and wire direct. On the other hand, if you move things around, the banana plugs work very well. I use them myself. I'm a tinkerer.

Gil

sorry that i did not clairfy what i meant before, but i meant the gold connectors that connect to your speaker cable, and have a piece of rubber that goes over the connection. The claim is that it gives a greater contact surface, and that since copper corrodes this will prevent from corrosion and make a more permanent good connection. I can see all of this, but I'm not really sold on them, other than it looks neat, which is important to me, but not for $60.00 it would cost for me to do every end of my speaker cable. Unless someone thinks they make a huge difference in quality i would consider. All of my speaker cable is thx certified 14 guage. Thanks