which wires

xbulgoogyx

upgrading the wires won't help the crackling any. that problems lies within the preamp.

to upgrade your wires, just buy any 16 gauge wire. and 4 solderless gold mono connectors from radio shack. from there, it's pretty much self explanitory. just attach connectors to the wire and your set.

I went with 16 gauge wire and four Radio Shack (part #274-868) solderless 1/8" mono plugs. Unscrew the shield off of the plug to reveal the + (inside)and - (outside) terminals and the tiny screws to attach the wire ends to. One tip, throw out the plastic tube/insulator found when you unscrew the shield off. Another tip, spare yourself madness and trim about half the wire end off to fit around the screw terminal. These really weren't meant for 16 gauge diameter wire. I then insulated the ends with electrical tape and was just able to screw the shield back.

I can tell you that I had used extensions for the rears, and the 16 gauge wire really made a big improvement. The fronts are less noticable, but it did seem to help them too.