RP 600M or 160M

Explorz

Last year I bought a beautiful pair of RP 160M speakers.  I paired them with the 450c center channel and the 140 Atmos speakers.  I moved my old front speakers to the rear speaker position.  They are a pair of 6.5 inch LSA 1 speakers.  Quite gorgeous with a very nice sound.  But, I'd like to make my entire system Klipsch and move the LSA speakers to my bedroom.  They don't have the full clarity and bottom end of the 160M.

One of my favorite ways to listen to music in my living room is in surround on my Denon 3400H.   I love the separation of music into the different channels when I listen in surround or neural x.  I also sometimes listen in multi channel stereo.  I'd like as much clarity and richness as I can get from the rears.  Hence the upgrade from my LSA speakers.

So...... I am looking to replace my rears with either the Klipsch RP 600m or another pair of the RP 160M speakers.

My question is, is it worth the extra $ to get a pair of the RP 600M and move them to the front and move my RP 160M to the rear?  The other option is to get another pair of the 160M speakers so that I have 4.  Is there that much of a significant difference between the 600M and the 160M besides the new look?  I know the tweeter is vented in the 600M.  But is it worth the extra $200+?

Since I don't just use them as surround speakers for movies, but also for music I think I want my rears to have the same capabilities as the fronts.  But worth getting the 600M?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, LeftEyeShooter said:

I would buy the rp160m because the rp600m look slightly different.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 5047U met Tapatalk

That is true.  There would be a mismatch in looks.  Especially since I have the 160M in Cherry.