Would a RC-3 (rear) go with my RC-3II and RF-3II"s

zandern

Someone on this page is selling their RC-3 for $125. I thought it was a good deal. Anyways, I currenlty have a 5.1 setup, but my Denon 2802 allows DTS ES and NEO: 6. So I could go with the 6.1 set up. Would the older RC-3 go good as a center rear channel with my RF-3II's and RC-3II. Also does it also have the same size horn and 6" woofers as the II's or is it smaller. I know they have different wiring, but thats about it.

I think the only difference between an RC-3 'I' and an RC-3 II is that the 'II' version is internally wired with monster cable Z-series wire. I cannot imagine that would effect the sound that much. I would most certainly take that dude up on the $125 RC-3 to use as the rear center if I was in your situation 4.gif.

yeah i'd definitely go for that. same sounding speak - no audible dif.

i did the same by adding in a C7as a rear center to my legends, cornwall sys. really was a great addition & filled in the gap between the surrounds great.

& you'll find that the denon plays rear center for any mode &/or format that uses the 5 speakers before, DD 5.1, DD EX, Prologic, dts 5.1 & es, & even 6 "channel"/speaker stereo. just as long as you set-up the speaker in the denon.

I have the Denon 2802 also and was thinking of buying a single RS3-II for the back center....mainly because I can get it in white and it will match the surrounds...so does the rear center put out sound like the front center??

I was just wondering if it would sound diff. with a "center" speaker vs. a RS3-II.

thanks

RF3-II

RC3-II

RS3-II

Denon AVR 2802

Sub-still looking

It could sound alittle different, but most people get the RS-3 just because it matches the other surrounds and maybe cheaper?? So you could definately go ahead with that since it would match much better. Infact I was looking at Sound and Vision magazine and when they tested the RF-7 set they used the RS-7 instead of the RC-7 for the rear center channel.

yes there's both sides to whether to use a wdst like the rs instead of a direct like the rc. .6.gif lots of depends, but the best way would be to demo both in your room & see which you prefer w/ various material & modes.

one thing to keep in mind, if your receiver does dts 6.1 discrete, w/ more of that format out & coming, in that case the rear surround (6th channel) can contain entirely different sound/effects.

when a plane flys over your head, do you want it to go from the front center spot to all over the rear wall or maintain its direction in a direct radiating speak like an rc-3?

good point boa, right now the position would be almost directly overhead in a 18x15 room. with the spread being about 14 ft, i am not sure if another rs would be right or if i could discern a direction with 3 rs' over me.

on the other hand, i would need a nasty tilt on the rc to get the direction i need. i just hate having an un-used channel. i guess something to look forward to in a bigger house.9.gif