RP-500C matched with RP-600M?

djkuula

So I recently had to replace the front L/R of my 5.1 setup. (I'll go Atmos soon enough, but that's for another post. :) ) I went with a pair of RP-600Ms and LOVE them.

My old Paradigm center still works fine, but I want to replace it eventually because I do notice a difference in efficiency and timbre. When that time comes, ideally I'd snag an RP-600C to match.

HOWEVER!

According to the product listing, the RP-600C is 21.93" wide. Unfortunately, the space in my TV stand where the center channel sits is only 21.5" wide! (Are you kidding me?) It is a GREAT TV stand, and I have no interest in replacing it. So I'm thinking about the RP-500C, since it would fit.

Question: Would that be a good match for the 600s? Or would the sound of the smaller cones be noticeably different? Does anyone have any experience with that particular setup?

Hi dj!

Sorry, but don't have any experience with the specific products here, but do have experience with the situation. I myself have RP-280F as fronts and a RP-440C as center. The fronts have 8 inch woofers, and the center have 4 inch woofers. A difference of 4 inches in woofer-size from fronts to center. Can't say I've noticed any lack of bass when it comes to the woofers. It blends quite well.

I therefore don't think you will be disappointed in getting the RP-500C instead of the 600C when the difference is only 1.25 inches. However, if you do feel that the center speaker you choose is lacking in some way, keep in mind that it's normal to turn up the db of the center ch after calibrating your setup either manually or through room correction software. Hope this helps!  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...