Homemade 5.1 system using DD5.1 and 2 Promedia 4.1's

partfake

A question for all you tech guys, especially Justin TX 16:

Could I create my own 5.1 system using the DD5.1 and 2 sets of Promedia 4.1's? Or even 4.1's and 2.1's? I have the 4.1's and LOVE them, especially after reading the posts concerning the new 5.1's. I've read of other users mixing and matching speakers to cover the center speaker channel. How would this work with the DD5.1 - give me all the gory details!

Thanks

Will this be used as a home theatre or for computer? If on a computer, then there is really no need for you to get the DD-5.1- all you would really need would be a 5.1 soundcard. If using for HT, then you will need the DD-5.1 to connect up using optical/coax for DD/DTS bitstreams.

The simplest and cheapest way would be to use a 4.1 set and a 2.1 set, setting the 4.1's up normally and then using the both 2.1 sats up front for the center channel. Just hook them up appropriately to the DD-5.1, then the DD-5.1 to a digital source (DVD-player) and you are set. Otherwise hook them up to a 5.1 soundcard and you are set. More info on setting up DD-5.1, etc on SoundWise (link in signature).