Velodyne 1812 super subwoofer

TheEAR

I found a few more pics and descriptions,not what I was hoping for.A very high tech toy this sub,I doubt it can surpass the HGS18 by much(output and sub bass quality).

Two HGS18's take on this unit no problems,two Revel B15's pound it into concrete and two Aerial ...anyway you get the picture.

And its..how much? $15000 US...about $25000 CAN!!!Are they are nuts or what?If I went this crazy as well get $30000 and get the Krell MRS(better built,no doubt would slaugher this fancy toy in output and be damn close in ultimate quality).

Blah I think I'll pass on this one.I could buy five HGS18's for this price...heck six(or even seven),since I would get a deal.

yeah i thought at the time the $2250 i paid for the hgs-18 was a bit overboard (based on my past expenditure amounts for gear). 6.gif

i'd like to know what it has features & performance-wise that make up for the $12k msrp price dif. is it encased in solid 24k gold or something? 9.gif

ken, yeah if you're saying some will buy it just because it has a high price, can't say it isn't so.

but knowing velo, they must have some justification for the high price. that's what i was wondering about. & then is it really justified or just bs? 7.gif

another thing about velo is they have real high msrp, but like i've found you can work about any dealer for them down to more like 2/3 of that msrp price. but still, what are they putting up for a $10k sub vs a velo hgs-18 that can now be had new from an authorized dealer for $2k?

may have to start doing some looking of my own for this 1812. just out of curiousity of course. 9.gif