AU Lab eq

The iPhone Spotify App in settings has a digital eq. After researching this it seems that only two apps have the eq. Both are phone brands.  But the rest don't! Like lap tops, councils, tv apps  and on and on.......no eq

Being that almost all my music listening comes from the spotify app on my laptop (with toslink optical connection to my avr.) The more I thought about it the more I could see the advantages. Even better would be something large (20-20k range with 31 bands is what I found).

My search for answers about the missing eqs. I found a bunch of different apps that would solve this. Sadly most were free trial garbage. But I did manage to find some older apps that are completely free. AU lab app is the program. But To get everything set up you need the sound flower app also.  

I should note: these aren't easy instal set ups (not for me anyways). Really I probably would have given up if I didn't watch or was able to watch a video. And then after getting everything installed and working. The EQ changes didn't work though the headphone/toslink (optical) output. The only part that had the EQ was the laptop speakers. I couldn't find any answers on the headphone issue.

But luckily I did manage to get it all figured it out.  👍

Lots of great stuff here like different EQ types (parametric eq, graphic eq, full control bands eq).  low pass/high pass filters.

If anyone of you have lots of time on this APP. Any tips would be most welcome.

AU Lab https://images.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/docs/au_lab.zip 

sound flower http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14067/soundflower

AU_Lab_31_band_EQ.pngAU-Lab_2.jpg

.I’ve been using this free eq app for over a month now. It’s free (no trial then pay). I toslink from an Mac book pro lap top Spotify to my avr (toslinks cable has optical on other end). This set up is 95% of what I use for basic music listening...Anyways.. this app is incredible! When you start digging into everything it’s mid boggling that  it’s free.  31 bands completely adjustable frequencies from a20hz band, up to a 20k band, and anything and everything  in between to what ever frequency you want. You can add multiple closeness of same eq as many times as you want all  running at the same time. Meaning you could have theoretical like 10 (or more) separate 31band eqs all adjustable to different frequency bands and running in sync. Having  bands that go that low gives you lots of eq for the sub.

Performance it’s a huge jump in quality from running Spotify with no adjustments. I have a iPad also that has the Spotify app that’s in the iphones. This app has eq in settings. 60hz is the lowest And it’s only 6 band. iPad out gives hdmi ability (how I run it). And I’ve a/ b the two. It’s laughable how much better it is with this eq