A movie I'd like to find (DVD?)

Mighty Favog

Of course everyone remembers "War of the Worlds" by Orson Wells. But I vividly remember another version of where it was the actual "reading" type broadcast on the radio. People were in the background of the radio studio making sound effects and the like. And the announcers-reporters were reading their scripps and giving cues to the next line/sound to be done. It was a really neat show and I would live to get it on DVD if it's available.

I have a couple similar "Reading" type story/movies on VHS that Leonard Nimoy hosted of a few Sci-Fi stories called Alien Voices. Really neat stuff!!!

"A humped shape is rising out of the pit. I can make out a small beam of light against a mirror. What's that? There's a jet of flame springing from the mirror, and it leaps right at the advancing men. It strikes them head on! Good Lord, they're turning into flame!"

-- Eyewitness at Grovers Mill, NJ, October 30, 1938.

LOL My brother-in-laws family lived right off of Cranbury Road near Grovers Mill Pond in New Jersey when this was broadcast on the radio. I heard it was a real nutty time had by all.Ha Haaa

The title is "The Night America Panicked" and I don't think it is available on DVD but perhaps on tape. Try here: http://www.blockbuster.com/bb/movie/details/0,7286,VID-V+++127786,00.html? 1.gif

Thanks B3!!

I first saw this when I was about 10 years old on Holloween night. I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to watch the movie or go out and get some goodies. There were some other Sci-Fi flicks on that night but they were too hard to decribe to give somene else a good idea what which ones they were. Some day when my text descriptions are better I'll try....