Twice

Tarheel

in one day did I learn of products that may fill my wish list.  Worth the price of admission here on the forum for sure.  Thanks to 314carpenter for news of Amazon Music streaming in HD and Ultra HD (superior to CD quality).  As a Prime member I can subscribe for $12.99 a month!

Thanks to mr. clean who posted videos of the Sugar Cube SC-1 which led to additional research and phone calls to MusicDirect and Underwood Stereo.  Gen 2 of the Cube is scheduled for late October release.  This is not your dads SAE pop and tic remover or filter from the 70s but a new technology that I will not attempt to explain.  Just google it.  Michael Fremmer also reviewed it awhile back for Analog Planet.

The implications are mind blowing and one salesman who had no units to sell said he has heard the Cube at length and it is "utterly remarkable".  I also spoke with Walter, the owner of Underwood Stereo,  who also is waiting on a Gen 2 shipment and he described it as " near perfection".  Friends have given me LP collections when they gave up on vinyl usually much less than near mint condition.  Plus thrift store and yard sale finds hopefully can be cleaned and put back in rotation without the annoying tics and pops!

Yep.....a bit excited.

• Like 2