I bought the Promedia 5.1 and got the 4.1 instead?

BuZZ989

I am a big computer junkie!

I love to do just about everything on my pc: listening and editing my Mp3's watching movies and especially playing games!

That is why it made sense to make this big envesment to the Promedia 5.1!

I followed all of the instructions that came with my Promedia 5.1 manual to the T! Hoked up all the cable's to were it was supposed to go and I bought a 5.1 sound card. Mind you Klipsch never advises anyone witch sound card one must buy so I bought the Audigy Platium 5.1 internal sound card from creative. It made sense to buy the Audigy 5.1 because all the top gameing computer companies use it for all of there gameing rigs such as Alien ware, Falcon and Voodo Pc. I ran the speaker test to make sure my speaker rig was set up right and all of the five speakers past the test! Now this is the problem, I have played games and listend to my Mp3's and I dont get any sound from my "Center Speaker?"

I downloaded the latest driver for my sound card from the creative web site for windows Xp and I made sure the wires to my sound card were in correctly and the wires leading from the sound card to the sub woofer are imposible to get wrong because they are color coated and I still dont get any sound from my center speaker? Can anyone help me 8.gif ?

Are these MP3s and Games designed for 5.1? I could never get my sound blaster live 5.1 past 4.0 analog. Never found a 1/8 inch to RCA digital adapter to run to my reciever. I gave up, bought a DVD player and settled for 4.0. oh well. Since your center works in the test, I would try a DVD on your promedias and see if the center works then. I hope you can get it working, I know how annoying this kind of thing can be.

If you hear sound in your center channel when running the test, then your speakers are fine. For some reason, the audigy doesn't playback music through the center channel. As far as a center channel while playing games, it just depends on which game you are playing, but it should work for any DVD (or other movie type stuff recorded in 5.1) Ya it sucks, but that's how it is.

Btw, how good is the Maya 7.1 sound card? I saw that it runs for only $70 and I was thinking that if you could return your audigy platinum then you could buy the maya 7.1 and a promedia 2.1 and get 7.2 surround instead of the 4.1 you're getting with the expensive platinum audigy. Here's a link to it:

http://www.audiotrak.net/eng/maya71.html

i've never listened to it, but the ppl in the sound card forum say it's good.

anyways, as long as you stay with the audigy, you're not gonna get that center channel working. That's why i suggest the possibility of buying a different sound card.

Even if you have a 5.1 card, it does not mean you will get 5.1 sound.

If you have a Creative Card, you will NOT get 5.1 sound except with 5.1 material, unless you activate CMSS, which sounds like utter crap.

With DVD's and 5.1 games (only like 3 on the market) you will get 5.1 sound, other than that, 4.1 is as good as you will get with that card.