Van Morrison "Too Long In Exile"

timerr

I know this isn't tube or tweeter talk here again, but I just wanted to hear comments, good or bad on this CD or any other Van recording you like.

I just put this one on again the other day and had forgot how good it sounded. There are a lot of guests on it too. John Lee Hooker on a couple, and Candy Dulfer plays alto sax on several tracks. G.L.O.R.I.AAAAAAAAAAA. thoughts...

• 2 weeks later...

I too am a big "Van the Man" fan. Too Long in Exile is one of my favorites. The live "It's too late to stop now" is terrific (& the vinyl is even better than the CD) Early Morrison besides Moondance: St Dominic's Preview. Later: Hymns to the Silence. There are also 2 excellent 'Best of" CDs especially v1.

Van is The Man.

It's Too Late To Stop Now is a great CD to get to know his style. That is the one I always recommend to people who know little about him.

Moondance is another good one.

His Band & the Street Choir.

Enlightenment

A Night In San Francisco is another favorite live one.

Hard Nose the Highway has a couple of very good songs on it.

Poetic Champions Compose

For something a little different, but good is The Skiffle Sessions and Van & Linda Gail Lewis (Jerry Lee's sister).

I have about 20 of his CD's and about 20 of his albums. I have bought everything by him except his Greatest Hits.

I would get Moondance and It's Too Late To Stop Now.

Enjoy his music.

Danny