RF35 Tower help, bad sound coming from one :(

BillAustin

Hey guys I have a set of RF35 towers that I LOVE and have been using for well over 10 years now, recently we had a live concert playing and had turned it up a bit more than usual, well I heard a sorta high frequency hiccup that I had never heard before, now when we watch something over about 65=70% on our receiver we certainly hear it from that one tower :(

So I assume we blew out a tweeter, is something like this replaceable being this old? Can i remove it and visibly see a blown tweeter to confirm that is what happened?  I saw a video on youtube where a guy had "rebuilt" a tweeter, soldering a new one in place, heck I haven't ever tried something like this but I can solder and would be willing to try it if it would get me fixed up again.

Till now they have just worked flawlessly and it was my own fault for pushing them a bit more than I should have I guess, at medium to lower volume i don't hear anything weird but go above 65% and yeah it's there sadly :(

Bill

Easiest thing to start with is swap L and R speaker wires and make sure the problem stays with the speaker.  If so, it's fairly straightforward to replace a tweeter.  There's usually parts like that on eBay.  I'm not familiar enough with that speaker but most Klipsch drivers just unplug at their input connectors so the only thing you'll want to make sure is to connect the positive and negative wires correctly to keep the tweeter in phase.

• Like 1