Promedia 4.1 (Old)

Emmett

I have had these computer speakers for 18 years or so. They haven't had a lot of use as I have been away for half that time.

These are wired speakers.

They sound great and I am very happy with them except now they just cut out. The light stays on but they are dead. I switch to my built in monitor speakers and the sound is there. I play with all the settings etc with no result and at some point they just start working again.

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to solve this problem. From what I can see online there is nothing to replace these at this quality and price point. I do not want to go into a separate receiver or amp.

Thanks

Emmett

• 4 weeks later...

Emmett:

Welcome to the forum. When I tried to buy the ProMedia 4.1 they had just sold out so Klipsch offered and I bought what they called the "4.2" system. It is two 2.1 systems with a new label.

I still use them but as two separate systems with one of them having an issue somewhat like you describe - I found that both sub drivers had the foam on the driver rims that was deteriorated so bad the driver was flopping around on the voice coil. Problem was solved with new parts from Klipsch service department.

If you end up scrapping the 4.1 system you can use a pair of 2.1's - have better bass but you do need a place to put the second sub-woofer. Good Luck!