Comments on home theater reciever....

Briggsy10

I am looking for some advice on two receivers in regards to my home theater. My current setup is as follows:

Yamaha RX-V2095 reciever

Pioneer DV-C603 dvd player

(4) Klipsch Rf-3's for the fromts and surrounds

(1) Rc-3 center

(1) velodyne FSR-18 subwoofer

What I need help on is whether or not I should upgrade to the RX-V1 reciever or stay where I am. I have been offered a pretty good deal on the RX-V1 but cannot decide whether it is worth the extra 700-800 I would have to pay for it if I sold the 2095. I guess that my question or dilemma rather is whether this is justifiable or a waste of money as I currently enjoy my 2095 very much and all of my speakers are sensitive enough to be driven by my receiver without much of a problem. On the other hand upgrading would give me more sound formats as well as more power (10 watts to be exact on 5 channels plus an additional 100 on the 6th). Any comments as to the situation or my system would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all that respond.

I think your answering your own question. The extra 10 watts--sounds like you don't need them. DSP modes--I use 4 of mine depending on the mood I'm in...what's the point?

Now connectivity and other features like componet video switching and 5 channel stereo is another issue. And you can get that for less money in like the RXV 1000. Uncles offered me one for $700 last fall, prices should be even lower now (their new line is out now).

Consider what you are going to want your system to do in the not so distant future and go from there. New formats are on the move so shop wisely.