a little help

marksdad

If I may suggest, why not just buy some and see if you like them? If they are even somewhat local (3-4 hour drive) you can pick them up and not pay shipping -- just your time and some gas. And you can probably resell them for what you paid for them. It's pretty low risk. I've done that a few times, and wound up keeping everything, much to the dismay (sort of) of my wife!! :)

Doug

An idea I talked about for securing a tube amp with my Klipsch authorized dealer, Almas HIFI about recently.

From time to time they get an estate of a long time customer that will contact them for selling off the audio system. They have been in business for quite a while, since 1956 as an audio shop.

They have high value "consigment" items in the entry way of the front door. Rotel, Yamaha, Bozak, Klipsch, Paradigm, McIntosh and others.

You could locate every dealer in a several hour driving distance and give them a call and let them know you would be interested in any Classic or Heritage speakers that come in for consignment.

I have seen them get K Horns, Chorus, Chorus II, and Belles in on consignment in the past 5 years and I only get there once every 6-10 weeks.

I make try to build relationships with the sales guys at audio shops. I am a plastics sales engineer.

I never haggle prices on a product less than $ 400. They need the commission, I get better service. Saving $ 20 or 30 is not worth torqueing off a guy that will lean toward working with you in the future on a more serious decision.

Rick