Tannoy Monsters

robforst1

Oh, those are real enough. Tannoy Westminsters or GRFs or such. Big rear-loaded horns; the rear of the speaker fires into a folded horn, the exits of which can be seen running along the sides from top to bottom. I heard them about 25 years ago, very nice sound; low distortion, excellent dynamics, but at the time I favored Klipsch over them. But certainly in the same ballpark as Klipschorns.

A friend has some modern Tannoy 15" co-axs in large vented boxes and they sound pretty good. There are some Tannoy websites in the links section of mine if you're interested, some show these large Tannoy horns and even how to build your own.

www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org

Those aren?t big.

These are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=800443360

Heard a pair of these in Seoul a couple years back hooked up to what I thought was an SET. They were playing korean sanjo string airs. Pure, clean, airy, detailed music. Pure music. They were phenomenal!

These collossal Tannoy beauties also left me with the impression they weren?t working hard at all, just loafing filling a room. Kind of like a Chrysler 413 engine at idle. Sounds nice, but ready to rumble...

The Autograph is senior to the GRF in size, complexity and efficiency.

Build a set, your neighbors will hate you forever.....