Bi-amping with the AA or AL networks in The Scalas

It seems to me that the La Scalas could be really good candidates for a bi-amped arrangement: SET 2A3 for the high and mid frequencies, and something a bit heavier (maybe say 10 watts instead of 2 or 3!) for the low end of the spectrum.

I'm very curious to learn if any other members have done this recently (or in the past) in their two-channel stereo systems. My home theater consists of a 27" Sony TV, and that's it! My wife and I hardly ever watch TV, so haven't invested in anything very elaborate.

But back to the point: I own the AL networks, and would like to separate the woofer branch of the network from the other two. Both (actually 3)amps have volume controls, which could then be used to balance the overall frequency response of the speakers. With such a set-up, it could well prove worth-while to use a small, high quality transistor-based amp for the bass.

I would very much appreciate any thoughts or feedback on this. I've never used a bi-amped system before (mainly because I've been using a single range driver for the past five years...), and can see how using a dedicated amplifier for each end of the audio spectrum might be a good idea.

Thanks!

Erik

From experience and reading on this forum, most do not find bi-amping a benefit on the Heritage models. The added dynamics or output are a tradeoff with coherence.