Large Advents need refoaming

Cornwalled

Hello,

I know this isn't Klipsch related, but I've made quite a few Klipsch posts, so I hoped maybe someone could help me out with this.

I just recently acquired a pair of Large Advents (The original) and they need to be refoamed. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a good refoaming kit? Any particular ones that you felt worked well, and still sounded as close to original as possible? I know that each woofer is designed to work with a particular stiffness of surround, so I'm trying to find a kit designed for these speakers.

Any help you could give would be great.

Thanks,

Jon

I would call Steve from Layne Audio and see if he has a refoaming kit. http://layneaudio.hypermart.net/Advent.htm

You can also go through Simply Speakers, but I have no experience with them. http://www.simplyspeakers.com/2doityourself.htm

Which ones do you have? The Old, Original Advent with the 7 3/4" woofer (has the masonite ring going around the outside), or the New Advent Loudspeaker (with the 10" woofers).

Hi Dean,

Mine are the newer ones, with the 10 inch drivers. The surrounds are just totally GONE...lol.

The Simply Speakers link seems to be good, $27 for surround kit, that's about what I was looking to spend, I'll have to check them out.

Thanks alot,

Jon