Digital Room Correction (DRC) with Heritage Loudspeakers

Panelhead

I have been using a dac with four channel monitor output to drive a stereo amp and active sub. Using a software crossover to split and level match. Worked great.

Read about the products coming out with DRC built in. With all this time since retirement dug an old monitor controller out of the attic   It is a dac, preamp, crossover, and DRC in one box. Had not used in many years, it is 10 years old. 

It was a challenge to get it going due to changes in audio system and equipment placement.  But got it running, calibrated speakers to the room. 

It is way better sounding than my other rig. A high quality recording interface. 

The DRC circuit is Lyngdorf Room Perfect. The blending of LS II to Blue Sky SUB12 is much better and seemless. Also it seems the woofer to midrange transition is improved also. The Room Perfect operates from 20 to 500 Hz. 

I used this unit for seven years with B&W 801 Matrix II, two models of Quads, active monitors, and lastly Thiel CS-3.5. At least with the Thiel I preferred a Focusrite Clarett 4Pre. The newer dac was cleaner and more dynamic. The Thiel might need the phase adjustments less than most loudspeakers.

Room Perfect DRC just seems to make a larger improvement  when mated with the horns than it did with phase coherent dynamic loudspeakers.

The price of DRC is all over the place,.some options are cheap, some will buy a pair of AL5’s. But give it a try.