JVC JR-S81W...Vintage WOW

Beesley

Stopped by my aunt’s home earlier this week and noticed a silver face plated receiver covered sitting on a garage shelf and covered in dust. My aunt said it had been sitting there for years and that I could have it or toss it out. Cleaned it up a bit when I got home and was able to finally read the model #...JVC JR-S81W, circa 1977/1978. Hooked it up to a pair of KG.5 speakers I was using a surrounds and I honestly wasn’t expecting much. Wow, this may have been the most wrong I’ve ever been. The sound was full and the 5 1/4” woofer mover more than I’ve ever seen;  not just a little, I’m talking serious excursion. I’ve had these hooked up to a Denon 2805, Denon E400, and Yamaha RX-V 2080. Non have come close to the sound of the JVC. Anyway, 2 thumbs up for vintage, and for the first time truly hearing how good KG.5s can sound. I’m thinking I Should hook it up to the KLF-30s later this week!

The Bebe,

Replied a few days ago; apparently I didn’t verify a successful send-off. Would this be work an electronic/stereo shop would perform? I have a highly recommended shop fairly close, not sure what the price range should be though