"KSB 1.1" vs "KB 1.1"

bobv

Hi....On my PC system I have the KSB 3.1's for the fronts, KSC-C1 for the center, and I just purchased the KSB 1.1's for the rears at a local 6th Avenue Electronics, and when I got the box home, I noticed it says "KB 1.1", not "KSB 1.1". Is there a difference? The booklet that came with the speakers has "KSB 1.1". I had a pair of KSB 1.1's a couple of years ago, and I am pretty certain it had the "S" in the model number.

"part number on box states 090317081210". The speakers were factory sealed. They look just like the kSB's????

Anyone know??

Thanks in advance.

Bob

I'll repeat what Trey explained to me, hoping he'll jump in and correct me if I make a mistake.

The current production stock of 'KB 1.1 's' are manufactured in China under authority of Klipsch, and are only sold to Ubid for resale. I have no idea how 6th avenue got them unless they bought them from Ubid.

They are slightly different than the original 'KSB 1.1 's' in that they use a different driver for the horn and a slightly different crossover network (probably because of the new driver ?).

I recently bought some of these from Ubid because I got them for an extremely good price, but I can't tell you how they sound because I haven't even opened them, I am fighting with Ubid right now to get them to take these back. I feel it is false advertising because every single auction on Ubid states these are KSB's and not KB's . Consequently the half-million of these for auction on Ebay are most likely KB's because ubid is where they all get their stock. More false advertising.

I have KSB 3.1 's and 2.1 's in my second HT setup and really like the sound for the size, but I am not even interested in keeping the KB's.

Hope the info helps! 10.gif