ACK! What Home Theatre to buy?

Flicksand

Well Christmas is coming and I have aproximatly $500 to spend. Ive been looking at the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 and Klipsch's micro theatre Quintet system. (Possibly the Z-680's but im not partial to them). Also I'm planning on hooking these up to my computer for now, possibly TV when i move out of college (small dorm room but no exuse not to have overwhelming power muahaha)

So anyway, im leaning towards the Quintet becuase of the 725 watt power CONTINUOUS power. Also its a 10 inch sub.

The Promedia 5.1 catches my eye for the computer aspect (not to mention like 150$) cheaper. And it already has an external DD...

Which one is better! Has anyone tried both/either systems and can give me proffessional feedback becuase I dont know which to get! Any opinion will be helpful. Thanks. Post here or email at Flicksand@yahoo.com

The quintets are without a doubt better. However, you will still need a receiver to power the satellites. Only the amp is really powered.

So it puts the price up a few buck, say $180 for a Pioneer D411 (which you can find for less online). The D411 comes with DTS, DD, ProLogicII and all those goodies, plus many digital and analog inputs. It is a great bargain receiver, the 511 is even better and online you can find it for not too much more. Great entry level surround sound receivers.

If I could spend a few extra bucks, the Quintet system would be my choice, without a doubt. Remember though, if you are not getting the speakers from an authorized dealer, the warranty is null. Also remember, Klipsch SPEAKERS don't break... I have 1974 Klipsch's that sound and look like 2002 :) It is the amps of their ProMedia speakers that have problems, when there is a problem.

I would go for the Quintets. The price difference is more than paid off by the improved performance.

i know what you mean about 5.1 it is great, but maybe save yourself some money and check out the new 2.1 syatems klipsch is putting out. out of curiosity i turned 1 on at circut city, it was powered by an hewlet pacckard computer, and my goodness i could feel the sub pushing my pant legs, and it was only at about 30% power and it was crisp, and clear, i was very impressed by the sound, this would definatly fill a dorm room with really good sound, plus i believe the set up was not much more than 20012.gif