new tube amp for sale

prodj101

well, I am just informing you that the following tube amplifier is for sale. it is an EL84 based amplifier, giving about 15-20 watts per channle with low distortion. It uses 2 EL84's per side, and has a seperate power supply witch uses some very large filter capacitors (2 2700 uf). the power supply will be placed in a matching box (copper top plate, wood side panels) before shipping. This amplifier is essentially 2 monoblocks on a single chassis, thats why there's double of everything. It looks a little dirty and beat up in the picture, but thats just because of reflections in the copper. The asking price is 500 dollars. If you are interested in buying, post here, or email me.

post-10107-1381924571557_thumb.jpg

On this forum, you are probably going to have to bear all to move those things.

Where did they come from? Who built them? What was the list price? What tubes are you using? How old are the tubes? What kind of transformers do they have? What parts are being used?

More pics would be good. Flip the amp and show us the work.

prodj101,

That's a nice looking amp.

I'm not looking for one, but plenty of people are. Since it is one of a kind, it might be helpful to tell people what kind of circuitry it uses: ultra-linear? feedback? type of gain and phase split? transformers?

How does it sound with a speaker people might be familiar with?

leok

well, as far as sound quality, it is better than my Mcintosh MC-2105 solid state amplifier by a mile. much more open sound. I've tested it with my DIY speakers (see earlier posts), SF-1's, SF-2's, Some optimus speakers, and it they all sound very nice with it. It has a tone of dynamic headroom. I'll have to ask my bro about the transformers, but I can tell you that the tubes are Sovtek's. I will get some pictures later as well. The calbes that connec the input tubes are heavy sheilded monster cable like stuff (about m-series quality), and the input has been placed as far away from posible noise sources. The tubes have had about 5 hours of use put on them.