SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

JimNorton

hi,

I just bought the Klipsch promedia 5.1's for my computer and i can't get them to work at all. I'm willing to bet that i have it connected wrong to my sound card. I have a sound blaster audigy gamer sound card and i need to know which cables go where. The owners manual wasn't very clear.

Thanks-

Norton

no need to repost :) i will help you out. brb with the info you may want :)

If you expected to get 5.1 sound from it (I fell into the same boat as you till I upgraded my Sound Blaster Live MP3+ 5.1 to a Hercules GTXP)? Sorry. Creative has failed again. You will only get 5.1 audio from DVD's and if you use PowerDVD to do ProLogic MP3's. But if you really want 5.1 audio and don't want to spend $69-99 on a Voyetra Santa Cruz or AE card (both much better than the SB Live cards) you can enable "Movie Mode" or CMSS and get 5.1 anything, but you will notice a decrease in the quality of the sound.

sblive1.jpg

orange is the center/sub green the front and black the rear speakers.

First let me say that the Klipsch 5.1 system is also a analog speaker system, not digital. The digital connector on the Audigy is also used for the Center/Sub when configured for analog use.

To get to the CMSS take a look at the following pics;

audigy1.jpg

audigy2.jpg

make sure digital output is NOT selected and 5.1 analog out or something similar is.

also.. ok, forgot LoL

check out www.soundwise.org, my site which has some basic help like ths.