Justin: About the Nikon D1X

Marshal

You mentioned awhile back you were hoping to get a D1X soon. When you or your dad orders one, make sure he orders an extra EN-4 battery. One already comes with the camera, but you WILL need another one, because the battery life sucks. The first thing to do when you charge both batteries is charge and discharge each one 3 times. It's called conditioning the battery and it increases the capacity. They won't die on you as quickly. You'll need to do that conditioning cycle after about every 20 charges.

Keep the batteries out of the camera body in a camera bag or something until just before you start shooting. In cold weather, they will quit sooner, but I've found that you can restore some juice to it by rubbing it in your hands quickly for a couple minutes. Actually, you can do that to some extent regardless of the temperature. Or at least let one "rest" in your bag for a while, then switch to the other one. After the other one runs out of juice minutes or hours later, you switch em out again.

A good website about D-SLRs is: www.robgalbraith.com/

We already have one actually, so I know all this but thanks for the advice! :) We have the D1 and D1P... i think that is right. One is with my brother and the other on its way back from Cayman to my dad (uncle was borrowing it).

I will get the big'ol microdrive and extra battery. it is expensive but worth it 2.gif

----------------

On 12/6/2002 1:21:59 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

We already have one actually, so I know all this but thanks for the advice! :) We have the D1 and D1P... i think that is right.

You mean the D1H. So far there's the original D1, then D1X and D1H for fast shooting with a large frame buffer, made for news and sports photogs.