R-12SWi Issues - new

Turbosig2000

Purchased this wireless sub to match the amazing 5 speaker reference Atmos HT package sold exclusively at Costco. After 13 days the sub crackles, pops and turns on and off intermittently both with signal being sent and with no signal from the AVR.  At first I thought it was the wireless transmitter potentially being faulty and sending out false signals. I switched to RCA cable input and the issue is still there. Confirmed that levels on the AVR were not too high and they are not (-5), gain on the sub is at 10 O’clock. So clipping can be ruled out. Finally unplugged the transmitter AND the RCA cable so no signal was being inputted and low and behold the problem is still there and randomly make LOUD popping noises enough to shake the house. Sadly I am returning the sub. I really wanted to love it, but it seems the issue is AMP related on the sub itself. Almost as if it was a capacitor or faulty board. 

Have any of you experienced this? Love the rest of the Reference speakers, but sadly this is the first Klipsch sub that has given me any issues. My other Klipsch sub is a few years old and runs like a champ.

Thanks for the Coscto heads up. I saw those at my local Costco and was intrigued. I just liked the fact that the R-12SWi was wireless.  I may be switching to the Speedwoofer by RSL once they come in stock. Heard a lot of things about the Klipsch' sub amps that now I'm a bit trigger shy even with their low cost/sale prices.

58 minutes ago, Turbosig2000 said:

Thanks for the Coscto heads up. I saw those at my local Costco and was intrigued. I just liked the fact that the R-12SWi was wireless.  I may be switching to the Speedwoofer by RSL once they come in stock. Heard a lot of things about the Klipsch' sub amps that now I'm a bit trigger shy even with their low cost/sale prices.

That is understandable. I looked at hundreds of reviews, from verified owners. 97% of the reviews were positive. Amplifier issues did not get much mention. The biggest complaints were:

1. Not enough power.

2. Boomy sound.

My experience has been with the majority. Very happy with these. Would not hesitate to buy them again. In fact, after plugging one into my stereo system (R-820F's) that is in a secondary listening room, the sub blended seamlessly with the towers. With a nice extended bottom end.

These do require attention to set up. Cross over settings, gain settings, and room placement are critical, and will make these shine, or make you use four letter words!

This is what surprised me so much. I have the cheaper K-100SW for years now, and it never gave me issues. I upgrade to the 12SWi and this occurred in less than two weeks. Buzzard's Luck I guess. My 12SWi did sound a bit boomy but didn't bother me too much. Glad your setup is working nicely!