Chorus II as Sub

gazelle

Gotta question. Can I use my chorus II's as subwoofers/fullrange. I am currently using my kenwood reciever as a preamp/amp. Preamp for my center(KLF-C7), and mains (Chorus) they in turn are amped by an Adcom 2535 center in bridged mono. That being said, I do not currently own a sub. Since my reciever has a preout for the sub this is what I was thinking might work. Y connector at the sub preout, to two each Y connector at the right and left channels at the amp. Y connector at the amp so it will get the signal for the midranges and sub. In theory the Chorus will get all of the bass and midrange. The cutsheet says they only go down to 39Hz, but they sound like they have plenty O' bass during Two channel. So whatta you think? Cheaper than buying a sub but will it sound comparable? Thanks9.gif

----------------

On 12/15/2002 10:37:19 AM gazelle wrote:

I am currently using my kenwood reciever as a preamp/amp. Preamp for my center(KLF-C7), and mains (Chorus) they in turn are amped by an Adcom 2535 center in bridged mono. ----------------

If you're running your Adcom in bridged MONO, how are you powering any more than 1 speaker with it? Could you please clarify this a bit? I do not quite understand that part, but for the sake of discussion, it sounds like you want to run your LFE from your Kenwood AND your full-range (main) signals to your Adcom L/R inputs. That's a good one, I would just try it and see what happens. Keep the volume real low at first because you may be doubling your bass frequency input relative to your high range. My hunch is that if this works at all, your high end is going to be overpowered by the increase in output from your low-end...

It's probably just late and my brain isn't working, but I couldn't really follow you very well.

"In theory the Chorus will get all of the bass and midrange." What happened to the highs?

Uh, can you just set your receiver to sub=No and set your main speaker channels (which feed your Chorus, I think) to large? Then, the Chorus will get all the bass.

DD