RF-7 and Chorus II comparison

cornermaniac66

Gentelmen, how's it going? My name is Dave, and I'm in love with my Klipschorns, KG 5.5's, RC-3 center, Pro Medias etc.

My Father has also fell in love with the dynamic pure sound of the Klipsch products that I own. As I'm typing my question,I'm cranking up Robin Trower "Bridge of Sighs" in my computer room on my KG 5.5's because the Mudder in Law is over, and as we all know,crystal clear harmonics are not on the Mom In Law's high priority list. Anyway, my question for my Dad is, what are the pro's and con's of the RF-7's compared to the Chorus II's. The cut sheet is pretty close. Has anyone on this forum personally compared the acoustic responses of both speakers with the same amplification? I've heard the RF-7's in action, with about five grand driving them, and I must say, they sounded pretty damn good.They didn't have the direct heartpounding effects of Khorns of course, but they sounded pretty sweet. Are the RF-7's Klipsch's replacement for the Chorus II's? Or are they two totally different speakers per dynamics and amplification properties? Any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks