Synergy question

rwolfcastle80

Hi guys, I'm looking at getting some kind of synergy 5.1 setup going. I'm going to be be adding the sc-1 center channel and either the ksw12 or rsw10 sub later on. My question is what would be the benefits of going with each of these kind of setups for now. I'm either thinking of going with 4 sb-3's or 2 sf-1's in the front & 2 sb-3's in the rear. Thanks in advance.

Most guys in this forum will tell you to skip the Synergy and go with the Reference series. Also, they will tell you to go with the RSW subwoofer. For your surrounds, go with a dedicated surround speakers such as Synergy SS-1 or Reference RS-x. When picking a receiver, get one that can power 6 or even 7 channels. My Sony can decode the back surround but it can only power 5 channels which means I have to get another amp to power the back surrounds. If I had to build my HT system all over again, this would be the advice I would give myself.

Well the price of 4 sb-3's I have to imagine would be equivalent to a lesser reference series tower. which it seems it is after just comparing online. you could get the rf3's for that price and save some money to boot then you could get reference surrounds and be really rolling. If I had the money I would have gone reference, I just have to wait for the bonus to come in from our big lawsuit.

/me crosses fingers