50 watts rms? Does that suck?

afraid

Don't worry too much about the maximum wattage range. The larger concern is CLEAN power. I used to sell Klipsch in a local A/V store several years ago. We would hook up all kinds of configurations after hours. We had a big McIntosh MC-600(if memory serves), anyway it could put out a whopping 600 watts per channel! We would hook up anything from Klipsch to Boston to Mirage. Most every time these speakers could handle anything the amp could throw at them. The woofers would usually bottom out first, but they would not blow.

The Mac had blue meters that would register actual wattage being put through the speakers. Believe me, under any normal use the most you will probably be using will be less than 5 watts and most of normal listening is around 1 watt or less.

My point is, don't worry too much about the rating as you are about the quality of power you are putting into the speakers.

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW10 X 2 : subwoofers

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

hes right...in most cases its the quality of the power being fed to the speakers that matters...and n fact most average to loud listening levels in a typical home at least can be achieved with less than 10 watts continuous!! i sold medium to highend home audio for years and learned alot from reading all kinds of literature on power output from the experts and talked to many audio engineers over the years...whats very important is to get yourself efficient good sounding speakers like klipsch for example that will turn more of the electrical power into acoustical power conversion for higher sound pressure level at relatively low power use...hope that helps some!