Klipsch Kits?

Klewless

Klipsch Fans,

Wouldn't it be cool if Klipsch offered some of their heritage speakers as kits?

And I mean including the Cornwalls and Chorus, etc. The kit should include the components and plans for the enclosures.

The first thing I'd do is to put the Cornwall components into a Shorthorn style cabinet using a standard port rather than the "line port as used in the original". smile.gif

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN

I think a complete kit or a parts kit with just the drivers and crossover would be great.

I have a set of plans for the Khorns, that I think were from speakerlab originally, that I will probably never build due to the cost of purchasing the drivers and crossovers from Klipsch.

I am keeping my eyes open for used Klipsch's. I just missed out on a pair of Khorns locally for $400.

Actually, a pair of beat up non working but complete Heresy's gets you the tweeters and mid horns for the Cornwall and Belle. Finding a compatible woofer will be the tricky part. If you knew the Q measurments and SPL @1x/1m of the Klipsch woofer version, you could find something close using the LDSG. http://www.snippets.org/ldsg/

You may need to add a new diaphram or two and of course, purchase parts for the crossovers. The rest is securing plans for your desired model.

I personnaly would like the early Cornwall version with verticle horns. Does anybody know of a source of plans for these?

pkeller@ix.netcom.com

It's not all that surprising in this age of instant gratification. Most people don't want to spend the time to build something with their own hands, and some don't have the skills.

From browsing this group, those who would want to build a kit and have the skills, already have rooms full of Klipsch speakers.

I grew up building Heathkits (yes I am that old) cause it was fun and the end result was good quality for the price. I also do woodworking as a hobby because I like to tell people "I built that myself".

I don't have rooms full of Heritage speakers, so I would love to build some for much less than retail price. If they do decide to offer kits, sign me up.

On a different subject, when I run spell check, It doesn't have Klipsch in the dictionary!

------------------

Jim

SF-2 Mains

SF-1 Center (pair)

Quintet Rears

KSW-10 Subs (pair)

• 1 month later...