BBB - Yamaha Drums

lovedrummin

BBB,

I saw your reply in the Hammond organ thread. That's a good looking set of Yamahas. I like the color. I have an old Tama Superstar set in candy apple red. I have used Yamaha cymbal stands in the past. I always found them to be more versatile for placement, angles etc.

I knew Lee Michael's drummer was "Frosty" but I didn't know his real name. Thanks for the musical trivia. I always enjoy that stuff. As of 1/1/03 I'll be a retiree. I have to find a way to turn my knowledge of music trivia into some kind of job that I can enjoy. 9.gif

Sounds like me. I've been at it for about 40 years also. I don't get to play much these days due to limited space in my humble abode. A couple of times I thought about selling my Tamas, but I can't bring myself to do it. They're paid for and every once in a while different guys from bands that I played in over the years get together and jam. I still enjoy it.

I have a Zildjan 22" combination ride/crash that I bought in '66 that just seems to get better with age. If I use tympani mallets on it I can get a great gong effect. They'll have to bury that baby with me. I also have a Rogers Dynasonic chrome body snare (circa '73) that I won't part with - great rock snare and totally different sound than my Tama wood body snare.

Thanks for putting me on to the drummerworld site. I'll definitely have to check it out.