Issue with R-120SW and Streaming from Browser and Music

Nicolai_JB

I have a R-120SW and Sony 2.0 ch receiver with Bluetooth (model STRDH190). The sub does not work when I'm streaming from a browser (Netflix, Hulu, etc.), or when I'm using Bluetooth to stream music. However, the sub DOES work when I use my Apple TV app from my Mac. I've done quite a bit of research but am stumped. Why would it work for a Mac app, but not from a website or via Bluetooth? Can anyone help? 

24 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Make sure all your speakers are set to 'Small' so that your subwoofer works with all formats.

OK, that's where I'm going a little bit crazy. How exactly do I do that? I'm following these instructions, but I can't find 'Speaker Settings anywhere on my receiver or on the controller that comes with the receiver (pic attached for reference). 

I've been troubleshooting some more, and now I've got the sub working when I stream music on bluetooth; the issue there was it was set to 2-channel, not multi-channel. Yet it still does not work with a web-based streaming service. I wonder if it is the small/large setting you are referring to, or perhaps some other setting? 

Controller.jpg

23 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

The manual says to press the Home button on the remote, then select speaker size from that menu.  Does that menu not show up when you hit Home?

When I press the button on the remote, nothing happens on the receiver. After re-reading the manual, I'm getting that this is supposed to on the menu on the TV, right? I'm using a Projector that was already installed in a house I recently bought, so I'm still learning how to use that in all honesty. Will revisit tomorrow afternoon.