sound up...sound down...sound up...sound down.......

Femtochemistry

I wonder if it's the cable - especially if you are using an optical cable on a DVD machine. If these get flattened or bent it causes problems, which can occur easily since the fibers inside can be easily bent or crushed. Same goes for dust in an optical connection. I honestly don't know if these things would cause an increase/decrease in volume, but it's something I would look at. It definitely sounds like a strange problem.

Does it do this on other than the one source you are using to play movies?

I don't know much about the 3802 - I assume it auto senses the format played on the DVD. I would double check it to see that the proper format is playing and so forth. Just taking shots in the dark, I suppose.

----------------

On 12/26/2002 9:59:05 PM Femtochemistry wrote:

Hey,

iam having problems with my HT...during movies the volume of the sound goes up and down every few mintues or so...is there something wrong with my denon 3802? some advice please!

thanks

----------------

Are you actually seeing volume changes graphically on the receiver itself or no? I've had mine for almost a year now, but never have encountered a problem with it.

~shoe