Questions about the RC64 version 1, the RP-504C and others as I am considering upgrading from..

GabrielPhoto

Hi!

So I have old AV123 speakers, the RS760 for LR and Bigfoot RSC200 for center. 
I have been meaning to move to black speakers so they dont stand out as much in my HT room when I am watching movies with my projector.

I was considering the Emotiva T1+ or T2+ and the C2+ center but not certain things made me go back on those.

So now the ones that are at the top of my list are Klipsch. Now as this is 100% HT, the center is my main thing to get first.
For that reason I started looking at the RC64 but is very expensive. A local was selling a version 1 of it but not sure how good or bad that version is vs version 2 and 3. 
The other more affordable option is the RP-504C. I found a Youtube comparison but hard to judge things from a Youtube video.
With the center, I would likely get the RP8000 speakers as they seem to be the best bang for buck.
Anyone by any chance did a similar change from the Rockets to Klipsch? The Rockets were highly regarded specially the center so its always a concern for me to change to a new one but of course, time passes. :)

Is the version one RC64 good vs a newer RP-504C? Will it match with the RP-8000?
Those are some of my questions.
Thanks!

Edited by GabrielPhoto

• GabrielPhoto changed the title to Questions about the RC64 version 1, the RP-504C and others as I am considering upgrading from..

@GabrielPhoto,

Welcome to the forum.  

The RC-64 is an excellent center channel speaker and was purposely built to mate with the RF-63 and RF-83 floor standing speakers.  If you are seriously considering a pair of RP-8000F floorstanders and your system will be in a typical family room setting, then the RP-504C is your best option.  If these said speakers will be in a dedicated HT room with a projector and acoustically transparent screen, then a third RP-8000F would be best.

Bill

With my setup, a third tower wont work so will have to be a center. I was just in love with how big the RC-64 is and at least, listening to a test in youtube (and yes, hard to really judge sounds that way), whenever they switched from the 504 to the RC64 (version 3 though not 1) the soundstage felt so big. Although sometimes a bit "messy" in balance compared to the 504C. 
Sadly the local person selling the RC-64 version 1 has RF82s not 83 (was asking $850 for all 3). So I must think which way to go.
Thank you! :)

• 1 year later...
On 1/29/2022 at 7:32 PM, GabrielPhoto said:

With my setup, a third tower wont work so will have to be a center. I was just in love with how big the RC-64 is and at least, listening to a test in youtube (and yes, hard to really judge sounds that way), whenever they switched from the 504 to the RC64 (version 3 though not 1) the soundstage felt so big. Although sometimes a bit "messy" in balance compared to the 504C. 
Sadly the local person selling the RC-64 version 1 has RF82s not 83 (was asking $850 for all 3). So I must think which way to go.
Thank you! :)

Im running a rc-64 1st edition, paired with rf-82 fronts and rf-62 surrounds. There good centers. The timbre is not exact like it probably would be with rf-83, but it works ok.  The rf-83 sounds better than rf-82, but the 83 is scarce 

• Like 1