Picture of my hifi system

Weiming

Just to share with all fellow Klipsch owners. Here is my pride and joy smile.gif

Pioneer DVL-919

Technics SP-25 TT with EPA-500 tonearm and Shure Vx15VMR cartridge

NAD phonostage (awaiting the Bottlehead phonokit)

Electronics Tonalities Foreplay

Electronics Tonalities Paraglow

Klipsch Cornwall Is (1982)

Weiming,

Singapore.

Hi there,

quote:

Originally posted by sunnysal:

very pretty! you sit kind of close to those cornwalls, don´t you!!!??? with that tube rig it must sound vert "sweet"...regards, tony

No choice as my study area is behind the sofa along with my workstation and bed smile.gif Hopefully when I shift to my own place next time, I can fully utilize the Cornwalls to the best of their abilities.

Actually, I think it will sound even better once I start modifying the amps and pre-amps. Got a long list of mods to carry out!Also planning on building Al K.'s Cornwall crossovers at a future time. But at the moment, I am pretty satisfied with the sound.

Weiming.

Hi Al,

quote:

Originally posted by Al Klappenberger:

Weiming,

I am courious about what looks like sound absorbing pannels on the right and left wall. How come? Did they do anyhting for the sound?

Al K.

Well, because my two side walls are pure concrete and plus the fact that my room is only 9 feet wide, it is very "live"; lots of ringing and echoing when I clap my hands. The egg crates were painted to match my ceiling to act as diffusors. Attached to the crates is a layer of polyester batting to help absorb some excessive bass energy due to the dimensions of my room. Thing is that when I put them up, it was for my old pair of speakers and it did work. I assume it works for the Cornwalls too as I am too lazy to remove them smile.gif

Weiming.

Nice system!

I also use my Klipsch with bottlehead gears:-)

Did you use step down transformer for your foreplay and Paraglow?

I will face the same problem in the future when I return to Malaysia, so please share your experience:-)

My system:

VPI HW19 JR/ AQ PT-5 arm/ Dynavector DV10X4mk2/EAR 834P

CAL CL-10 cd player

Foreplay (Anticipation, Snubber, Sweetwhisper, Hovland caps)

B-glow 300B amps (Jensen PIO caps)

Heresy I (P-strap, Jensen PIO caps, Alpha Core inductor, Vampire binding posts)

Kent

Hi stormin,

quote:

Originally posted by stormin:

Very nice Weiming. How do the paraglows do on the bottom end? Looking at building a pair myself.

Well, I have no complaints whatsover about the bottom end of the Pglows. I actually prefer them to my old YBA amp. It has more bloom, body and weight and sounds oh so good...feels chocolate syrup flowing through my body(not sure how appropriate this is though smile.gif)

The Pglows are really easy to build and you can tweak them to your heart's content! Mine is stock and the sound is already d*mn good. I don't think you will regret building them. Plus the support is excellent like the Klipsch forum.

Weiming.

Hi James!

quote:

Originally posted by James D McCall:

Beautiful cornwalls!

Really nice looking system...the biggest, baddest dang pair of headphones I've EVER seen! You Go!!!

-disco betty

Laugh...they do resemble giant headphones don't they? It is really a miracle my cats have not scratched the covers as yet. However, I prefer the speakers with the covers on. The 15" woofer is just too intimidating to look at while listening to music. One thing I don't like is the use of velcro to attach the speaker covers though. Mine is falling off and the grill cloth is also fraying at the seams. As such, I just leave the covers on permanently.

Weiming.

Hi Kent!

quote:

Originally posted by kent120:

Nice system!

I also use my Klipsch with bottlehead gears:-)

Did you use step down transformer for your foreplay and Paraglow?

I will face the same problem in the future when I return to Malaysia, so please share your experience:-)

Kent

No, I am not using a step down transformer. My Foreplay is using the Black Art transformer. The Pglows are using the De Young universal transformers. Doc B now packages the Magnequest PGP8.2s for those living in countries with 220-240V supplies.

Would love to try the Jensens, but they are real costly. I am actually using Solens in my Foreplay and Pglows. My Cornwalls came with rebuilt crossovers, also with Solen caps. Might be too much of a good thing smile.gif

Weiming.