Neodymium cost has increased 400%

Dave A

Since the beginning of the Chinese Flu there has been a huge increase in Neodymium and most of this in the last 8 months. The prices  increases I got on my list from B&C today are frightening and I have to call tomorrow to see if they are real and if I am looking at retail or the new wholesale pricing. The more Neodymium there is in the magnet the more the cost and this is going to effect every user of these magnets. We are going to pay a large price for moving our mining and manufacturing off shore for some time and these price increases are not going away any time soon from oil to steel to rare earths and everything in between.

1729104355_NEOMAGNETS.thumb.JPG.836dd9434c71f5ee4d04c697e3ed218a.JPG

• Like 2

Clarification on this. The list sent out was their retail pricing and the wholesale list was not sent out. Going up again yes but not nearly as bad as I thought it might be.

Interesting side note here though. I went to PE this morning looking for Kappa 12A's. On the Eminence 12" pro woofer page there were 14 listed and only one was in stock.

• Like 1