RP-8000F No Sound

STRATT

@STRATT

here's the Yamaha  user manual    

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/3/1335553/web_AV19-0030_RX-V6A_ug_UCRABGLFPH_En_D0.pdf

Reach out to Yamaha Tech support , depending on your Location

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/contacts/index.html

The warranty is at least 2 years , so you're ok until 12-2022 ,

my impression is  the  configuration is incorrect ,  or you may have a defect in the amplifier .

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem 

yamaha A6A and the RP8000F2

The speakers will not work when contacted normally and will only work when connected by Bi Amp. I’m wasting a channel for this now. 
my other old yamaha speakers work when connected to the front ports of the Amp. Don’t seem to find a real reason. 

• 10 months later...

I am having the same exact issues with my brand new (purchased TODAY) Klipsch RP 8000F II speakers. My received is also brand new: Onkyo TX-NR6050. I'm using premium 14 GA wire. All connections are correct, went through almost the same troubleshooting and also updated firmware and still not hearing any sound.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, KeepItSimple said:

I am having the same exact issues with my brand new (purchased TODAY) Klipsch RP 8000F II speakers. My received is also brand new: Onkyo TX-NR6050. I'm using premium 14 GA wire. All connections are correct, went through almost the same troubleshooting and also updated firmware and still not hearing any sound.

You have another set of speakers you can try to eliminate receiver, speaker?

@KeepItSimple

• Like 1

Are you 100% sure you have the speakers connected properly. I just bought a pair of the 8000F IIs, and my first mistake was connecting the speaker wire to the Atmos (top pair) connector. Connect the far left connector of the four on the bottom and the far right. Not sure if your issue is the same, but that is what is what it was for me. 

On 6/25/2023 at 12:34 AM, KeepItSimple said:

was the issue resolved ?

• 3 months later...

My 8000s do it too. I have the rf-500 II speakers also, I hooked them up to the front terminals on the receiver, I do get the channel test to work on them , and they play music, the 8000s will not do the sound test, nor play music on the front terminals, or any other terminals. I'm wondering if someone hooked up the wires inside the speakers wrong, like in the crossover area I'm calling Klipsch support on Monday during their business hours.

ISSUE SOLVED! The manual doesn't say to hook up the wires to the bottom terminals, I hooked them up to the far ends, negative and positive of course. The confusing part is that the terminals that say 'Height' are for the Atmos speakers, not for the main speaker. So hook them up the the far left and far right on the bottom terminals.