Recycled: RPW10 amp for parts/repair FREE!

Iteachstem

Hello all.

I picked up a set of RF-62 speakers several months ago.  At the time of purchase, I tested the speakers with an am/fm radio tester I frankensteined together and they worked perfectly and both were in great condition.  We got to talking and he said he also had a receiver and subwoofer for sale as well.  Of course I asked if there were any issues and he said they worked fine, he was just selling them as he decided to go to a soundbar.  I figured the speakers were in great condition and looked like they were well taken care of, so I assumed (my mistake) that the other items were fine as well.  Well, got home, the receiver worked fine but the sub didn't.  I checked the fuse....blown.  replaced the fuse and it blew right away.  So, I removed the amp and made a filler plate and now the sub is passive!  As a result, the amp is free for parts or repair... you just pay the shipping.

Cost: Free, you pay shipping costs

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 8:43 AM, Iteachstem said:

Anyone want this before it goes to parts nirvana?

Hello Iteachstem.  You don't happen to still have the RPW10 amplifier by any chance?  The anp in my RPW10 died.  Thanks in advance... 

Edited by MZaid
Miss spelled

Sorry, no.  Mine died as well, so the one I had was for parts only.

My suggestion is to check out some options at parts express:

https://www.parts-express.com/search?order=relevance:desc&keywords=plate amplifiers

I made a blank panel with speaker inputs to fill the space the amp was mounted.  Then I just used an external amp to power the sub.  Unfortunately, Klipsch is not known for their reliable sub amps.

• Iteachstem changed the title to Recycled: RPW10 amp for parts/repair FREE!