Old KHorn With Mounting Studs Now Has an SMAHL V2 to relace the old EV-35 or K-77 tweeters

Dave A

I have only been asked twice about these and the first time it was not real clear to me what I was dealing with. The second time around is a different story.1608565028_Screenshot2022-06-18at04-04-02MyeBayMessages.thumb.jpg.4b145a4f1dc8d718ee91901692d64a13.jpg

As we can see there are studs mounted into the motorboard which has an undersized cutout and is thinner to boot at only .5" thick. So this required a rework of the design and machining to first off match the larger hole size needed for the studs. Note the larger outer holes vs the inner.DSC_0034.thumb.jpg.7e83048bfa2603baba8e8f4506d50ddd.jpg

And then the basic depth of the boss that goes through the hole is cut 1/16" smaller left to right and top to bottom and reduced to 1/2" in depth to match the 1/2" plywood used. The basic cavity shape is preserved as the overall depth is not changed.DSC_0036.thumb.jpg.e17131b14c51c27fa470fbe7b9e5ffd1.jpg

I have the first set going to Italy so it might take a while to confirm all is well with the stud spacing. The problem with older Klipsch speakers like these KHorns is they are hand routed and if the jig or operator is not right on every time then what I have to deal with is a compromise to try and cover as many of the variables as I can. The KHorns and La Scalas are the most variable of all the Klipsch speakers I have tinkered with where tweeter replacement is concerned.

• Like 3