Help!!! Creative Playcenter3

Juba310

Hello, I hope you can help me

I recieved a NOMAD IIc mp3 player for christmas, and up untill now it has worked flawlessly. The other night i plugged it in via usb and everything went normal, (creative playcenter3 opens automatically and reads the data on the mp3 player) but a few seconds after loading, my computer froze. OK, this happens everynow and then, so i think nothing of it and restart. Upon restarting, i get to the "loading your personal settings screen" (im running windows xp home) but nothing happens. I can move the mouse and get the programs manager window from ctr-alt-del. Nothings loading. OK, i restart again. This time i get past the loading personal settings, but everything on the desktop is loading REALLY slow...like some program isnt responding and lagging the comp...but when i ctrl-alt-del nothing seems out of the ordinary. So i let everything load at its own pace..finally everything loaded, but then creative playcenter3 opens up again, as if it was qued to start when the computer boots up. It loads slowly, and then generates a list of my media files in my default folder i have it selected too. Then, it abruptly freezes my computer again, in the same fassion it did when i plugged in the mp3 player. OK, im starting to get a lil ticked now...i restart again....everything loads slowly again, and the same exact thing happens (creative pc3 opens, freeze). My mp3 player is not attached to the usb, so that cant be making it come up. So i restart again, this time, i open program manager asap..and close the programs as they load, (including play center 3 before it has a chance to freeze). NO freezing. Stupid me, i open play center 3 manually, w/o mp3 player attatched....FREEZE. Go through the same process once more, reboot, close stuff before it can load, and now i dont know what to do.

I shutdown my computer last night, and today it turned on w/o the slowness when it booted up, and creative playcenter did not start automatically. Now I am hesitant to try it again. This all happened after i installed my new soundcard (hercules gtxp 7.1). So now i have 2 soundcards in my computer, audigy and gtxp. I have my gtxp set for the default for everything. Im thinking this might have something to do with my new soundcard.

Can anyone help me? sorry for the long post....I'd GREATLY appreciate help though.

Well that didn't work.... I just had an idea. I tried putting my outdated mp3 player software cd and trying to install creative playcenter 2from it. It didnt work. As it was preparing to uninstall creative player 3 and install creative player 2...it froze.

And also, i dont see any icon/logo to uninstall playcenter 3....and its also not in the "add/remove programs" thing.

Still need help.

I would suggest just uninstall all of the Creative Playcenter junk and start over. Also, why do you need two soundcards in your system? It seems like that could be flaky in of itself. If it is truly your Herc card causing the problems, try removing the Audigy card and leaving just the Herc card in and try it again. If the same problems occur, than swap out the Herc and try the Audigy and see if that works? Beyond that, other than making sure you have the latest drivers and such, I have no idea.