Portable Apartment Theater

IndyHT80

I put together a compact and portable THX system for my apartment at the beginning of the pandemic. I have 3 KL-650 LCRs across the front powered by a Crown DCI 4|300 permanent install series amp. If you have never heard this particular amp series, it’s neutral but musical as far as Class D pro amps go. It’s an improvement over the Rotel RMB-1075 I was using for the mains before. The soundstage is enormous and the speakers are more musical than many give them credit for. I am using the -Rotel 1075 for the two rear  surrounds. The subs are (1) Monolith 15” THX and (1) 12” Sunfire True Subwoofer Signature EQ. I calibrated both from the listening position for correct phase relationship. Preamp and processing is handled by the Rotel RSP-1582 pre/pro.

The screen is a Draper 110” portable corporate screen with some custom aspect ratio masking panels I attached with neodymium magnets. The projector is a BenQ TK850. 

The seats are by one of Mobiliario’s commercial cinema product lines attached to a portable base.

I animated a retro custom policy trailer (based on one of UA’s old trailers for my theater here: 

DC8C8BDA-463C-49BD-9848-738C14CFDA01.jpeg

47411F6A-868E-477E-8028-78B5873F417C.jpeg

7DA9CD77-29AE-4376-A786-6D55DD2BF2C8.jpeg

Edited by IndyHT80
Shortened description