Has anyone ever used "Deflex" panels in their speakers?

ChrisK

An audiophile friend of mine has recommended I use Spectra Dynamics Deflex panels as replacement for the severely worn dampening material now inside my CWs. This guy is a very experienced DIY/tweaker type that does not offer opinions lightly. He has built many of his own amps, speakers, cables, etc. In his opinion, Deflex had a larger positive impact in sound quality on a pair of La Scalas than anything else he had done. Including direct horn dampening. Ive been to AA and did find quite a bit of discourse on the subject. The usual diametrically opposed opinions, and nothing relating to Klipsch speakers.

A couple of questions;

1. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? (or something similar) If so, what effect do these types of materials have on sound?

2. What is the purpose of the original material inside my Cornwalls? Whatever the intention was, the application and material used seem rather hastily done.

I will say that I am very happy with the performance of my speakers right now. But, then again I was happy with them before my first tube amp. And, even after getting a tube amp, things were hunky dory until I discovered how much better vinyl sounded. You know the drill.

Thanks,

Chris