Universal Remote

techguy13

Hi all

I am using my PM5.1s with a DD5.1 as a HT. I would like to use a universal remote control for all my components. Does any body know of a remote that will work with the Klipsch DD-5.1 or a compatible product code? Such as the universal remote code for the Klipsch DD-5.1 is equivalent to that of the RCA tuner control setting for a particular brand of universal remote. I am aware of some truly universal remotes but would like to keep the cost in the realm of reality, or at least my reality 2.gif, of about $30 US.

Thanx.

I know that you want to do everything and pay nearly nothing for it, but what you want is a 'Learning/Programmable' Universal Remote. Go to Best Buy, Circuit City, The Good Guys or similar consumer electronics store and select one - you may have to exchange the first few until you find the one with the right combination of features for your needs.

However, that being said, I would highly recommend the 'MX-500 Home Theater Master' ( http://www.hometheatermaster.com ). It has the best combination of LCD display screen and familiar remote buttons. The other touch screen type require a lot more familiarity to be usefull in the dark, therefore less convenient to occassional users.

Although it also contains preprogrammed codes, each and every button can be programmed from your existing equipment remotes, allowing you to layout your own buttons and labels so that buttons doing the same functions on different equipment are consistent, and unique functions are assignable to buttons with user programmable LCD screen labels. It even has the capability to turn on and set up each piece of equipment at start up, or switch to a different input source and set up for this source.

I've used this remote with my:

Sony 27" NHD flat screen TV

Sony WebTV Plus set-top box

Xbox game console

2 - Hughes DirectTV decoder boxes

ProMedia 5.1 THX speaker system

Klipsch DD5.1 decoder.

All of this equipment operate as one system with one controller (remote), and I would never go back to the previous clumsy, complex and rediculous multi-remote system I had before.