SVS pc plus vs RSW10

mnelms

I just got my pc plus, hooked it up, 5 min of tweaking and compared it side by side with my rsw 10. without a doubt, the rsw 10 delivers much more punch. i initially placed the svs about 2 feet from my TV, and the magnetic interference was intolerable....not a problem with my klipsch.

The rsw 10 is much tighter, and punchier. Just a little disappointed with the pc plus.

To get the best sound from the pc plus, i had to set the internal crossover at about 50 hz....otherwise it was way too directional.

maybe i just got a bad one?????? maybe i need two? i doubt it.

From what everyone on the board has stated in comparisons with Klipsch and SVS subs I would assume that the RSW line is punchier, that is what most everyone says. So it looks like you have confirmed that. You should shoot an e-mail off to svs they'll probably be happy to suggest some tweaking that could help it sound more to your liking.

What the Reference series of subs do so well, and the SVCS tubes do not, is a lot of mid-bass punch. The RSW compared in the Secrets article, at Christmas last year, clearly showed that the RSW sub had plenty of output at 70-Hz. That is mid-bass, not low or deep bass (<40-Hz). But the same article also showed (in graphic form) that the SVS tubes go deeper than any other conventional sub. They have plenty of output down below 40-Hz. So dont expect to hear a lot of boom from the tubes. Instead, go back to your chair and play some really deep stuff. You wont hear them often, but when the villain sneaks onto the scene, or the organ begins to pump, you will feel them in your butt, the soles of your feet and the hairs on the back of your neck.! Be sure to dial them down low, so that one sub is not intruding on the other (that means low volume settings for both). With a test CD and a SPL meter, you will probably find that your overall bass response is anything but flat. This is okay for movies, but it plays havoc with the low and mid frequencies tone on music.1.gif