Upgrade to 4.1?

Leshrac

Is there any way to "upgrade" to the Promedia 4.1 from the v.2-400? I know its not that big a deal, and I still love my v.2-400s, but a headphone jack and an on/off switch (along with all the other improvements), would be really useful. Can I "trade in" my v.2-400s, pay an "upgrade" fee, and get the 4.1's back? Thanks.

-Jeff

I just had to post a reply on FRIDAY the 13th and this was the first post.

Get real Leshrac, purchase the CP-1 and be happy with your Pro's. If it ain't broke, don't #*@! with it!

Honda has a new Civic out this year, maybe they'll let me pay an upgrade fee and trade my old one in! lol

That would be like a lease and I'm pretty sure that Klipsch doesn't lease their product's.

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

Alright alright! I didn't see the second page of the Bulletin Board. I also didn't really think of comparing speakers to cars, because, well, you know... They're completely different. But in any case, I figured that this transaction was impossible, but may as well find out for sure, right? Sorry to make all you guys s*it a brick over this.

-Leshrac

If you know anyone coming to Las Vegas (such as the tourist specials), pack up the V2's, give me that premium discount off the original price, and the CompUSA at the corner of Sahara and Valley View have the 4.1's on shelf. So if you have a good set of the V2-400s'(Not with the crackly knobs) and you want an excuse for Vegas (I'll even stand in line for tickets) we can make a deal.

Unfortunately, going to Vegas isn't really an option right now. I guess I'll just have to live my v.2-400s for now... Someone mentioned the CP-1? What is this? A headphone jack would be really useful, so what is this CP-1?

-Leshrac

Your V2s' shipped with the original high gain pre-amp. Some of the units with the h-g amp had probs. with crackles and hiss, and were replaced with the low-gain amp.

The cp1 is the same as the same as that shipped with the 4.1s' with a new led that indicates if in standby, a 1/8" minijack for headphones or aux input from a walkman, and a switch to mute the speakers when using the headphones.

Are you having any static or hiss problems.

Personally, I would keep your old Pro's and just upgrade to the new CP-1 pre-amp. Then you don't have the hassle of selling your old Pro's and buying the 4.1's

The CP-1 pre-amp can be found on Klipsch's website and can be purchased directly from there as well.

Good luck!

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

Actually, you have the low gain preamp, unless you've bought your speakers before about 2 years ago. They stopped shipping the original high-gain preamps in late 99, and replaced all the Pros (for those that wanted them) with low-gain preamps. Now they're selling the CP-1, which has a higher gain then the 2nd preamp (and I think sturdier construction) and some say has more 'punch' then the other preamp. Anyway, just spend $50 on the CP-1 to go with your v2-400s and you'll have pretty much the same thing as the 4.1s.

The CP-1 is not necessary, but if you're having problems with the "scratching" of the other preamp, you might want to get this. I didn't have problems, but the headphone jack and mute button (there is NO on/off switch, it's just a speaker mute) were good enough reason for me. Also, just so you know, the line-in on the CP-1 outputs only to the front two speakers and the sub; you'll have to connect something to the line-in on your soundcard to get full 4.1 speaker sound.

Hope this helps,

Sam

------------------

Klipsch Rules.

ProMedia Tech Support #

1-888-554-5665

promediatech@klipsch.com