Promedia 7.2

Samwise

I have two sets of Klipsch Promedia 4.1's and I have them set up in a 7.1 configuration on my Hercules GTXP with 2 subwoofers and 2 speakers being used as a center channel. The only problem is that I need to plug at least one set of 2 speakers into the main front or main rear plugs to get both subwoofers to work. If I plug an entire set of 4.1's into the center and headphone jacks, I don't get any subwoofer out of that set. By mixing up the plugs it works fine, except that then the volume controls for the speakers is all screwed up. I wish there was a way to fix this. Anyone know what to do? It sounds incredible by the way.

this is how i connected it with no problems

5.1's connected as usual.

4.1's connected via a Mini Stereo Y adapter on the headphone output. that is because the sound card's crossover is overridden mostly by the amp's so you still get bass as long as small speaker is not selected.

So you have your entire set of 4.1s plugged into the headphone jack? Does that mean you are using 4 speakers for the rear center channels? Are you getting subwoofer output from your 4.1 set while it is plugged into the headphone jack? For some reason I am not. I also have another question. I am getting a hissing sound out of my speakers. It isn't very loud, but if you put your ear right up next to the speaker you can hear it. Even when I push the button to turn off the speakers the hissing sound remains. When you turn up the volume you can't hear it at all as the music drowns it out. Are you having this problem? Any ideas what it might be coming from?

the hiss is going to happen, when it is quiet as that it is normal.

the 6th and 7th channels are really just rear surrounds as opposed to the 5.1's rear speakers which are the "surrounds". that is how i have them setup, though now i just have the 2.1's tehre since the 4.1's took up so much room.