center and surrounds for kg4

Mulch

Have a set of KG4 speakers and a Sony STR-V444ES receiver. Please recommend suitable center , sub and surrounds.

Room is 11' wide x 19' long. The back end of room is open, surrounds must be capable of being mounted on stands, can't mount to wall. Are quintets my only choice for surronds?

Any suggestions for speaker stands?

I have Kg-4 mains also. I use an SC-1 for the center and Kg-3's for rear surrounds. Since the Kg-3's are pretty big I have them in the rear corners facing the listening area. I know that a lot of people have their surrounds facing each other but I set mine up according to what I read on the DTS website.

How does this relate? You can use larger speakers than the quintets for surrounds and they don't have to be wall mounted. You can put them to the sides in the back of the room and face them however you want. I would try to find a pair of used KG series for the perfect match but failing that look at the speaker matching chart on this website for suggestions. If you have to keep the surrounds small then I suggest trying to get your hands on a pair of Kg-1's or 2's.

For the center I have the SC-1 because I can't find an academy, which is the supposed "perfect match" for the KG-4's. They are a bit hard to find. You can also use a KV-2 or KV-3. If you want new then I believe that you should go with the SC or RC.

Subwoofer: I would suggest trying an SV sub at www.svsubwoofers.com They receive fantastic reviews over at www.hometheaterforum.com I had one on order but had to cancel it due to finances. I will be re-ordering very soon.

Good luck. I hope some of this helps.