The Fives: Boomy/too loud bass on external subwoofer after update to 1.6.12

msns

Hi, after updating my Klipsch The Fives to 1.6.12 the bass on my R-100SW sub is too loud i.e. boomy. I didn't change settings on the sub, the loudness was set to about 70%. Now even if I set it to about 10% is still boomy, on the Fives bass loudness is set to default (after reset with button on the remote). There's also a Reddit thread where the same issue is mentioned. Please let me downgrade to some older firmware e.g. 5.8.0, I cannot find it anywhere. I don't really care about the app, I just want my speakers to sound as well as before.

EDIT: There's also another thread mentioning this issue.

The bass coming out of my sub seems much higher than before the update.

... But the bass still seems a lot louder than it was before the update

... When I hit the 'reset sub volume' button on the remote, the volume level(for the sub) on the Fives LED lights appears to go to 4 out of 6 lights (which seems pretty high)

Edited by msns

39 minutes ago, msns said:

Hi, after updating my Klipsch The Fives to 1.6.12 the bass on my R-100SW sub is too loud i.e. boomy. I didn't change settings on the sub, the loudness was set to about 70%. Now even if I set it to about 10% is still boomy, on the Fives bass loudness is set to default (after reset with button on the remote). There's also a Reddit thread where the same issue is mentioned. Please let me downgrade to some older firmware e.g. 5.8.0, I cannot find it anywhere. I don't really care about the app, I just want my speakers to sound as well as before.

EDIT: There's also another thread mentioning this issue.

Reach out to klipsch Tech support 

email a support request  

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

800-554-7724, between 9A.M.-4P.M. (EST) Monday-Friday  

I'm running version 1.6.9 and have the same problem. When I connect The Fives to subwoofer for the Cinema 1200, I can't reduce the bass sufficiently.

FYI: The Fives are superior to the Cinema 1200. It truly is a soundbar killer, or will be again when the subwoofer issue has been resolved. 

Sorry I know this is off topic but this is only thread I could find about this FW update. This update broke ARC for me, anyone else experiencing issues? eARC is off on my tv, my tv sees the device and I can adjust volume with the Fibes remote and it shows on TV, but no sound whatsoever. TV speakers kick on just fine when I switch Klipsch inputs or turn it off.